How to Apply
We aim to support all current and former jockeys and their families if faced with financial difficulties due to illness or injury, however we recognise that not everyone's circumstances are the same and some my need more assistance than others.
In order for us to better understand you, your needs and how we are best placed to assist you, we ask for specific information and documentation to assess your request.
- Get in touch with us. The NJT has a dedicated staff member for managing applications for support, and we are happy to guide you through the process.
In the first instance, phone or email us to let us know you’d like to start your application and register your details.
Phone: 02 9894 9629
- After the initial discussion, we’ll provide an application form to complete. Depending on the nature of your request, you will need to provide supporting documentation with your application which may include:
* Previous financial year’s ATO Notice Of Assessment (tax return)
* Evidence of recent rental or mortgage payments
* Bank statements for the last 3 months
* All credit card statements for the previous month (if applicable)
* Recent utility bills
* Invoices or bills that you are requesting assistance with
- All applications are subjected to a detailed review process in order to ensure that you have met the specific criteria of the NJT, namely "being in necessitous circumstances", prior to being considered by the trustees at their regular meetings. Your State/Territory Jockey Association representative will need to provide their support. The NJT Manager will be in touch with you regarding your application prior to its consideration by the Trustees.
Information will be treated in strict confidence.
Help is at hand
If you are having trouble completing the application or have any questions, we are here to help. Please contact us directly.
Phone: 02 9894 9629
Post: National Jockeys Trust, PO Box 800, Castle Hill, NSW 1705